Thursday, May 3, 2012

All Alone

There are some days that I feel all alone in this.  Even my husband and I don't always see eye to eye on how we should proceed.  This is so new, scary and frustrating for both of us and neither of us really know what will help.

Sometimes I walk down the medicine isles in the grocery store just looking.  I think I am looking for that magic pill, the box that screams out "Cure Your Arthritis NOW!".  I have yet to find it.

My approach is exhausting.  I want to do everything that could possibly help and I want to have started it yesterday.  My husband likes to pace us.  His way is probably the best.  Three doctor's appointments this week and three therapy appointments is a lot for all of us.  I hate it.  On the other hand Kindergarten is only three and a half months away!

I have to keep reminding myself that there is no magic pill.  There is no cure.  SOJIA is here to stay.  I'll never like it, but I'll need to learn to work with it. 

Our real job is helping Emily learn how to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment