Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My list

I now have a list of things that increasingly frustrate me.

Never say to a JIA parent:
1. It's just arthritis.  - Are you freaking kidding me?  My daughter can barely walk, can't go up steps and can't get up after sitting on the floor.  It is not "just" Arthritis.  It is an Autoimmune Disease that is devastating my child's entire body.

2. It's not a disability. - See above.

3.  She's perfectly normal. - See above.

4. Oh, so she has osteoarthritis.  No, no she does  not.  If you are confused google Still's Disease, that's an AKA for this nasty disease and will possible explain things better to you.

5. Have you tried probiotics? - I can't even think of a neutral response for this one so I kept my mouth closed.  There is no cure for Juvenile Arthritis of any variety, do not give helpful tips to parents who know more about this disease then most doctors. If there was anything that could help I gaurantee I would be investing in stock in the company that made that wonder drug.

Never do:
1. Stare. - Why do people, especially adults, insist on staring at my sweet girl.  Yesterday, after leaving the doctor's office, Emily was discussing her disease and this elderly woman heard our coversation and bagan gauking at my daughter.  Serriously this woman followed us through the parking lot staring until we went our seperate was.

No comments:

Post a Comment