Friday, April 20, 2012

Afraid

This is what we fear now.  The drugs our daughter is on suppresses her immune system. 

So when our son started vomiting I got scared.  What if his sister catches it?  Oh please no, no more hospitals for this sweet girl.

Then I felt guilty.  My son is very sick, needs me and I am worrying about my daughter instead.

He's feeling much better today. 

That's brings to mind another difficulty with this nasty disease.  My two year old is ten times more active then my five year old.  We like to go to the local history museum and when we do my five year old is the one in the stroller and my two year old is the one who is all over the place.  I am usually chasing him while pushing the stroller.

We can usually convince her to get out and walk around a bit, but not for long and all to frequently she will try to bend down and just collapse.  I can see it in her eyes, she doesn't understand why she can't bend down any more and I don't know how to get her strength back up.  We're pushing for PT, let's hope the insurance will cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment