Friday, August 17, 2012

A little bit scary

Today we realized Emily will have completely weaned off her steroids before her next Rheumatology appointment.  That first brought feelings of excitement and relief.  Then I got scared because every time we have tried to come off steroids something horrible has happened.  Then I remind myself that was at the beginning and things have been going very well lately so I take a deep breath and build up my faith a bit.

The truth about it is though that this nasty disease is just all around scary.  Whenever a new SOJIA parent message me on Emily's facebook page I remember all the emotions that go along with suddenly having a very ill child in the family.

Once you come so close to losing a child you realize there is no guarantee on life.  Each new day is a gift that you cherish, but each new change is a little bit scary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment